25.6.08

I left my heart in San Francisco

I truly did friends. It's such an awesome city. So friendly, easy to get around, clean, delicious food, extremely scenic.. I could go on and on. Its definitely one of my top cities of North America. We were there for 5 days, two of which my cousin told me to go around and explore (which I am so grateful for).

I had a time of my life folks. I figured out the ways by myself and once I did, I got around almost as if it were my own city. The weather was impeccable. The bright sun (a great excuse to wear shades) and cool 12 degree breeze (a great excuse to wear a hoodie) made me smile each time I stepped out of my hotel.

I went to main tourist attractions..

Union Sq. > Main shopping area where all the tourists head to, surprisingly a lot of british. I sat at this cafe, wore my shades, sipped on a huge cup of latte, plugged my ipod into my ears and I was in heaven.



There was also a Neiman Marcus building with rocking interiors.



Theres a cable service from union sq to fisherman's wharf. takes you through the main san fran where all the houses on the steep roads are.





Fisherman's Wharf! I had the best clam chowder here. and I fell in love with Ghirardelli Square, such a happening place.



This deserves a special mention. When I entered Kara's cupcakes, which is at Ghirardelli Sq, I felt weak in my knees. Not because of the pink interiors but because of the AMOUNT OF CUPCAKES! yes, i do have a fetish for icing topped cupcakes.



FOOOD! I didn't eat all this in one go but over a few days. normal sundays taste pretty ok, now imagine them with hot ghirardelli chocolate fudge. there are no words to express the feeling of having that.
Mama's (not pronounced as in calling an indian fellow in Singapore, but rather its a mother who makes the best fucking french toasts in the world), Clam chowder.. well all I can say is that if I ever step into Long John's to eat clam chowder again, I will strangle myself. Last in the pic is Zachary's Pizza. This is a famous Chicago style of pizza where its really deep and the crust is like a pie. I'm not gonna say anything about pizza hut now because its not the same kind of thing. But yes, Zachary's deep dish is orgasmic.



One thing about San Fran is that everywhere you go, the view is just jaw dropping. You feel like you're in another world altogether.



At the end of the SF part of my trip, I was just so thankful to god for being able to see such a place. No doubt, there were moments where I missed friends and wished that I could share these feelings with someone familiar but then again, the freedom of traveling alone got me on another high altogether. Major self realisation ppl!

Till the next post, cheerios

No comments: