12.2.09

I usually

get inspired by a lot of things. Sometimes I hear a piece of music, can be any kind, and I have this sudden feeling like 'shit, this is really fucking awesome'. Most of the time however, I get inspired by something I watch. As many of you know, I watch all kinds of stuff. Regardless of language, medium or genre, I just love watching anything on TV or anything on film.



I just finished watching this 81 episode long Korean drama called 'Jumong' last night and till now I can't stop thinking about it. Its a period drama, set in BC and its about the life of a famous emperor, showing his trials and tribulations from the time he was a teenager up till the time he formed his own kingdom.



Many aspects of the drama fascinated me. The grand scale, the fighting sequences, the costumes, the acting, the background music, the dialogues. I mean technically, it is such a perfect drama.
But what really inspires me about Jumong is how the team of writers managed to sustain the interest of the audience for over 81 hours (yes, each episode is 1 hr and 10 mins). Thats like watching 60 movies! I just can't imagine the amount of scenes and dialogues they had to write, making one different from the other yet keeping within the style of the drama. And throughout all this, making it interesting enough for the audience and not making it sappy and cheesy like other korean dramas. NOW THAT IS TOUGH SHIT!



I can't stop raving about the drama. Its worthy of all the accolades and top ratings its received, in every country its been screened in. And although I was cursing myself for paying USD 250 for the complete DVD collection, I can now smile because I know its worth every benjamin.

Definitely recommended!

1 comment:

KLS said...

USD$250!? Damn bro! Rip for me la! haha. Snap pics of the dvd set, I'm interested to see the packaging!