29.9.08

Wow

Its been a month since I've blogged.

and Its been quite a busy month actually.

First week was preparing for the trip to NY. We left on the 10th of Sept, by All Nippon Airways, so had to via Narita Airport which I absolutely love. They have the best unagi (grilled eel) and rice there and somehow their Starbucks tastes a tad better than normal.
There's nothing much to shop there though. ooh! the Mc'D there has a really awesome ebi burger.
Speaking of which, once I was so excited to eat unagi and rice when I was in Narita. But I also wanted to pack a burger to eat in the plane (13 hours on a plane and only 2 meals?? you need more food, trust me).
So I stopped at Mc'D and the first thing I said was, "Unagi burger, Ikura desuka!" which means can I have an unagi burger. The lady started giggling like a school girl who was doing it for the first time, while covering her mouth.

So the trip was done and we were heading back on the 15th from NY. I managed to meet my friend John (who's a Singaporean studying in NY) for dinner. We had Mediterranean at Pylos which was quite nice. The appetizers were way better than the main though.
I really love New York. I always try to refrain from being there too long because I'm scared I'll want to stay there forever. Its not so much the sights and sounds but the city culture itself. Its like the place has its own life.

But I did learn something from this trip, that the worst combination ever is flu + jet lag. I had a terrible sore throat onboard and I kept drinking hot green tea, which helped sooth my throat. On the contrary, it was not quite soothing for the stewardess as I was ordering green tea every 10 minutes.
Towards the end of the flight it looked as if she was going to poison me with her extremely bland Onigiri. But it was all good.
I must commend some of the stewardesses of ANA. Even though the passengers don't even look at their faces or answer them properly, they still retain a smile on their face, like their actually enjoying it. I don't think they smile as much during sex as much as they were smiling onboard the plane.

Before I knew it, cold turned into flu, flu into fever, fever into 2 days off from work.
Like I said, it was all goood.

And so time passes by and its about to reach October. I really can't wait for my trip.. It seems like yesterday when I thought, 'Fuck, 3 months more till I come to Singapore'.
From this friday, its only 2 weeks away!!

I MISS YOUU SINGAPOREEEE! BUT I MISS MY FRIENDS MORE!! way wayy WAYY more.

No comments: